Sunbelt Cohutta Springs Triathlon 2012
Sunday, October 07, 2012
Cohutta Spring Conference Center and Camp - Crandall, GA
0.5 mile swim
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:30 AM
VIEW ANOTHER EVENT
The 29th annual Sunbelt/Cohutta Springs Triathlon will be held on Sunday, October 7, 2012, 12:30 pm, at the Cohutta Springs Conference Center located in Crandall, Georgia. The event features a 1/2 mile swim, 18 mile bike and 4 mile run.
Students under 24 years of age, please use code Student24 to receive a $15 discount off your individual registration price.
Event Site Rules
1. Make sure you wear the timing chip on your ankle. Do not carry in hand or put on wrist!
1. After the swim, participants will run to enter the north end of the transition area, and run down the east side of transition area to the row where your bike is racked.
2. Exit from bike rack will be toward west side of transition area. Walk bike in transition area.
3. Exit on west side and go to south end of transition area to the bike exit/entrance.
4. After completing the bike, re-enter the south end entrance/exit. Walk bike in transition area down the east side of transition area to the row where you racked your bike.
5. Exit for run on the west side of the transition area and run to the north end exit.
6. At the north end exit you will turn left and begin the run down the track behind the transition area.
1. Relay bikes are to be parked at the south end of the transition area.
2. Bike and run relay participants are to wait at relay exchange area. All chip exchanges will be done at the relay exchange area.
3. The swimmer will exchange the chip with the biker who will then go to where the bike is racked.
4. After completing the bike ride, the biker will rack the bike and then go to the relay exchange area to exchange the chip with the runner.
5. Relay participants will follow the same protocol as the individual participants for entering and exiting the transition area.
Swim ½ Mile
1. Wave Start: Swim line up will be in waves. The waves are as follows:
- Wave 1: Men 20 to 29
- Wave 2: Men 30 to 49
- Wave 3: Women 20 and Above and Men 50 and Above
- Wave 4: Relay Teams and Men and Women 19 and Under
2. For assistance from swim marshals, hold your fist high in the air.
3. Swim caps are provided and are required.
4. Wet suits are permitted.
5. Swim counterclockwise, the buoys should pass by on your left shoulder.
6. If you quit during the swim and are rescued and taken to shore, you must walk directly back to the swim start area and return your chip to the swim director immediately. The swim director is Bob Benge and he will be the starter for the race.
Bike 18 Miles
1. The roads are open to traffic, so yield to traffic.
2. Slow down when making a turn.
3. No drafting.
4. You must wear a helmet with chinstrap securely fastened that meets safety standards during the bike portion of the event.
Run 4 Miles
1. Participants must run or walk the entire portion of the run course.
2. The runner must wear the race number pinned on their shirt or shorts.
3. Make sure all information pertaining to the participant is written on the tear off portion of the race number.
1. Line up in a single file line in the order that you crossed the finish line.
2. Allow the race official to collect your timing chip.
3. Move out of the chute once your timing chip has been removed.
Race day registration will take place from 10:30am - 11:45am at Cohutta Springs.
Direction to Event
From Atlanta, GA:
Follow I-75 North to US HWY 411 (Carterville Exit). Follow US HWY 411 North through Chatsworth, Eton, and Crandall, GA. Look for Cohutta Springs Road approximately 4 miles North of Eton. Turn right. Follow Cohutta Springs Road, crossing railroad tracks, until you come to Cohutta Springs entrance on left.
From Chattanooga, TN:
Follow I-75 South and take the GA State HWY 2 East Exit at Ringgold. Follow HWY 2 East to intersection of GA State HWY 2 and GA State HWY 225. Continue straight on connector highway (Halls Chapel Road) to US HWY 411. Turn South (Right). Travel one mile to Cohutta Springs Road. Turn left. Follow Cohutta Springs Road, crossing railroad tracks, until you come to Cohutta Springs entrance on left.
From East TN:
Take US HWY 411 approximately 7 miles South of the Georgia/Tennessee state line to Cohutta Springs Road. Turn left onto Cohutta Springs Road crossing the railroad tracks. Follow Cohutta Springs Road until you come to Cohutta Springs entrance on left.
Please click HERE for category results.