Georgia Triathlon Series
04/05/2013: Swim start times have been posted for the Early Bird Sprint Triathlon. Please click HERE to review all start times. Participants will swim one at a time every 10 sseconds. Swim caps WILL NOT be provided. Please be prepared at least 15 minutes prior to your swim start time as this line moves VERY quickly. See you on Sunday!!
01/29/2013: Lagrange Sprint Triathlon Date Change. Lagrange Sprint Triathlon will be held on July 27,2013 at 8:00 AM. We look forward to seeing you there!!
Georgia Triathlon Series Race Calendar Finalized
The 2013 Georgia Triathlon Series has just been finalized. Registration for these events will open on December 1, 2012. Make sure you get on the registrations early to take advantage of discounted pricing for the first 2 weeks.
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All GTS events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT's Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last race, click HERE to read USAT's most commonly violated rules.
- Click HERE to learn about series qualification rules
USAT Age Up Rule
- Click HERE to learn about the USAT age up rule.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- Click HERE to learn about the GTS Wetsuit usage policy
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
Event weights for 2013 will be roughly based on criteria established by USA Triathlon for the purpose of administering their national rankings system. For the GTS, events will be weighted based on distance and size of event. The event weight index will be used to calculate scores for all participants (See Scoring below).
|Event Distance||Distance Factor|
Depth of Field Factor
Depth of Field Factor
|Championship/ Qualifier Status||+ 0.01||+ 0.01||+0.01|
|Special GTS Bonus Event||+0.05||+0.05||+0.05|
In 2013 one GTS event will be designated as a Special GTS Bonus Event earning that event an extra 0.05 base points. The 2013 GTS Bonus Event is the Hot Dam Olympic Distance Triathlon.
Based on the above formula the event weights for the 2013 GTS events will be as follows:
|Early Bird Sprint Triathlon||0.91|
|Mountain Madness Half Distance Triathlon||0.94|
|Trybee Island Sprint||0.91|
|Lagrange Sprint Triathlon||0.90|
|Hot Dam Olympic||0.97|
|Hot Dam Sprint||0.90|
Series Scoring and Current Standings
Event Scoring Details
- The top five men's finish times will be used to create an average time that all men's finish times will be divided into. The top five women's finish times will be used to create an average time that all women's finish times are divided into.
- All male participants' finish times will be divided into this average male "base" time to create raw scores. (same for females)
Click Here to see an example of how an event is scored
2013 Series Awards:
Series awards will go 3 deep for the Overall men and women. Then we'll go 3 deep for the top 3 men and top 3 women in each age division and category. This includes clydesdales, athenas, and all age groupers. Those racing in the novice division are not eligible for series awards. Each athlete must do at least 3 races to qualify for these awards.