Maryland Triathlon Series
5/19/2013 - Maritime International Race Results Posted
Thanks to everyone who raced today!
For Maritime International Race Results see the EVENT PAGE
5/17/2013 - Water Temperature at the Maritime International Triathlon race site was 69F today!
5/8/2013 - Updated course maps for our Maritime Triathlon and discounted camping for triathletes at Rock Hall...check out the race pages for details!
4/30/2013 - The MTS and VTS is announcing that the 2013 Battle of the Potomac event scheduled for Sept 15 has been postponed until the 2014 season. The inaugural event last season was extremely popular with our athletes, and the coordinating agencies and organizations (Prince George's County Police and Fire, Special Events planning teams, and National Harbor management) were all extremely impressed with the planning and execution of the very first triathlon held at National Harbor. All parties, especially the VTS and MTS team, were looking forward to this event in 2013. Unfortunately, recently approved construction projects at National Harbor are going to have a potentially significant impact on the bike course, which requires very extensive and comprehensive coordination in order to be approved and certified by PG County Police. While complete details on the construction timeline have not been provided to us, it's clear that at a venue such as National Harbor, even small changes can become big issues, due to the complexity of the coordination required. While we never like to see one of our events get removed from the schedule, our commitment to our athletes means that we would rather postpone this event until next season rather than "keep our fingers crossed" only to have the bike leg cancelled at the last minute. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we're making this decision now, rather than later, in the best interest of our athletes, and in conjunction with the outstanding event management staff at National Harbor.
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All MTS events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT's Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last race, click HERE to read USAT's most commonly violated rules.
- Need to print a USAT membership card? Click HERE.
- Click HERE to learn about series qualification rules.
USAT Age Up Rule
- Click HEREto learn about the USAT age up rule.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- Click HEREto learn about the MTS Wetsuit usage policy.
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
Series Scoring and Current Standings
2012 Award Winners and Qualifiers
Event Scoring Details
- The top five men's finish times will be used to create an average time that all men's finish times will be divided into. The top five women's finish times will be used to create an average time that all women's finish times are divided into.
- All male participants' finish times will be divided into this average male "base" time to create raw scores. (same for females)
Click Here to see an example of how an event is scored
Individuals who compete in a minimum of 3 scored events in one category are eligible for series awards (novices & relays are not scored). For any scored event in which one receives a "disqualification" (DQ) or a "did not finish" (DNF) one will receive zero (0) points. In order for an event to count towards ones 3 scored events one must complete the swim portion at minimum.
Click Here to see definitions for each of the event categories offered by Set Up Events
- Top 5 Overall (M & F)
- Top 5 Overall Masters (M & F) - age 40+ only
- Top 3 Age Group (M & F) - 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85+
- Top 3 Athena
- Top 3 Clydesdale
- Top 3 Masters Clydesdale
- Top 3 Military (M & F)
2013 Qualifications rules and new for 2013 Stage Qualifiers!
Any athlete who participates in a minimum of three (3) 2013 MTS events will qualify for MTS series scoring qualifier rewards.
The tiered qualifier system will work as follows:
- Stage 1 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 3 MTS events will receive a custom pair of MTS Special Socks. (New for 2013) This is also the minimum number of events needed to qualify for series awards.
- Stage 2 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 5 MTS events will receive a custom MTS Short Sleeved Technical T-Shirt and the Stage 1 Socks.
- Stage 3 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 9 MTS events will receive a custom MTS Performance Jacket, the Stage 2 Technical T-Shirt, and the Stage 1 Socks.
New for 2013! The Top 5 Overall Men & Women and Top 5 Overall Masters Men & Masters Women in the series will be awarded custom MTS Series Cycling Jerseys!