Maryland Triathlon Series
5/18/2014- Maritime International 5/30/2014-Rock Hall International
6/01/2014- Rock Hall Sprint 8/10/2014-Druid Hill Park Sprint
8/16/2014- General Smallwood Int 8/17/2014-General Smallwood Sprint
9/13/2014- Savageman 30.0 9/14/2014-Savageman 70.0
10/04/2014-Waterman's Half 10/05/2014-Waterman's Sprint
11/27/2013 - General Smallwood Date Change: This great weekend of racing is now on August 16-17, 2014.
11/12/13 -2014 Virginia & Maryland Super Series Schedule Printable Version HERE!
11/1/2013 - The MTS & VTS Series Scoring is now combined to create the first Super Series Scoring! 3 races gets you Super Series Socks, 5 races gets you the Super Series qualifier tech t-shirt, 10 races earns you the Super Series qualifier performance jacket - 15 races 3 free entries into any 2014 sprint or international race! YOU MUST DO 5 RACES IN EITHER SERIES TO QUALIFY FOR SERIES AWARDS......
Savageman 2014 - The MTS is proud to be the new producers of the worlds most savage triathlon. We plan on keeping the courses the same and continue the great community relationships that Kyle Yost started. The 2014 race date is September 13-14, 2014. Registration will open up December 1, 2013.
Check out the MTS/VTS Online Store for great deals on great SWAG!
The MTS/VTS Online Store is now active, check it out HERE! You can find VTS techinal shirts, visors and other gear for your racing needs. Also there are technical shirts from previous MTS and VTS races including socks.
2014 Virginia & Maryland Super Series Schedule Printable Version HERE!
The 2014 schedule is now posted! If you are a veteran MTS athlete you will notice some changes. A few notable changes for the 4th Season are:
Fairland Aquatic Complex Aquathlon/Triathon is no longer!
Savageman Half & International in Deep Creek Maryland (September 13, 14) are now part of the MTS!
Waterman's Half & Sprint are now located in Rock Hall, Maryland October 4th & 5th!
The Battle of the Potomac is still in hiatus!
If you have questions on any of the races, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Best of luck with your training and we will see you in soon!
Greg Hawkins - Maryland Triathlon Series
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All MTS events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT's Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last race, click HERE to read USAT's most commonly violated rules.
- Need to print a USAT membership card? Click HERE.
- Click HERE to learn about series qualification rules.
USAT Age Up Rule
- Click HEREto learn about the USAT age up rule.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- Click HEREto learn about the MTS Wetsuit usage policy.
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
Series Scoring and Current Standings
Remember - only the 5 HIGHEST scores in either series (MTS/VTS) are counted together (the new Super Series). There is a column in the standings that is called count. That number is the number of scored events that person has competed in. You must compete in at least 5 events in either series VTS/MTS to qualify for series awards. Also, remember events competed in as Novice or Relay are NOT scored or counted towards series scoring or prizes.
2012 Award Winners and Series Qualifiers
Event Scoring Details
- The top five men's finish times will be used to create an average time that all men's finish times will be divided into. The top five women's finish times will be used to create an average time that all women's finish times are divided into.
- All male participants' finish times will be divided into this average male "base" time to create raw scores. (same for females)
Click Here to see an example of how an event is scored
New for 2014! The Introduction of the Super Series! The VTS & MTS have combined the series scoring and in 2014 both series count toward one score! Individuals who compete in a minimum of 5 scored events in one category are eligible for series awards (novices & relays are not scored). For any scored event in which one receives a "disqualification" (DQ) or a "did not finish" (DNF) one will receive zero (0) points. In order for an event to count towards ones 5 scored events one must complete the swim portion at minimum.
Click Here to see definitions for each of the event categories offered by Set Up Events
- Top 5 Overall (M & F)
- Top 5 Overall Masters (M & F) - age 40+ only
- Top 5 Age Group (M & F) - 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85+
- Top 5 Athena
- Top 5 Clydesdale
- Top 5 Masters Clydesdale
- Top 5 Military (M & F)
2014 Qualifications Rules and Stage Qualifiers!
The Top 5 Overall Men & Women and Top 5 Overall Masters Men & Masters Women in the Super Series will be awarded custom MTS/VTS Cycling Jerseys & Shorts!
Any athlete who participates in a minimum of five (5) 2014 MTS/VTS events will qualify for MTS/VTS Super Series scoring qualifier rewards.
The tiered qualifier system will work as follows:
- Stage 1 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 3 MTS/VTS events will receive a custom pair of MTS/VTS Super Series Special Socks.
- Stage 2 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 5 MTS/VTS events will receive a custom MTS/VTS Super Series Short Sleeved Technical T-Shirt and the Stage 1 Socks.
This is also the minimum number (5) of events needed to QUALIFY for Super Series awards.
- Stage 3 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 10 MTS/VTS events will receive a custom MTS/VTS Performance Jacket, the Stage 2 Technical T-Shirt, and the Stage 1 Socks.
- Stage 4 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 15 MTS/VTS events will recieve three (3) free entries into any three 2015 MTS/VTS sprint or international distance events and the Stage 3 custom performance jacket, the Stage 2 Technical T-Shirt, and the Stage 1 Socks.