Virginia Triathlon Series
4/05/2014 -Smithfield Sprint 4/26/2014-RTC Tri Club Sprint
4/27/2014- Angels Race 5/03/2014-APP Pwr Smith Mtn Lake
5/04/2014 -East Coast Super Sprint 5/10/2014-Kinetic Half
5/11/2014- Kinetic Sprint 6/07/2014-Jamestown International
6/08/2014- Jamestown GranFondo 6/21/2014-Bath County
7/12/2014- Colonial Beach Sprint 7/13/2014-Colonial Beach Int
7/19/2014- Tidewater 8/02/2014-Culpeper Sprint
8/03/2014- Culpeper International 9/06/2014-Patriot's Half
9/07/2014- Patriot's Sprint 9/27/2014-Giant Acorn Sprint
9/28/2014- Giant Acorn International
11/1/2013 - The VTS & MTS Series Scoring is now combined to create the first Super Series Scoring! 3 races - Socks 5 races qualifier tech t-shirt - 10 races qualifier performance jacket - 15 races 3 free entries into any 2014 sprint or international race! YOU MUST DO 5 RACES IN EITHER SERIES TO QUALIFY FOR SERIES AWARDS......
VTS/MTS Online Store!
The VTS/MTS Online Store is now active, check it out HERE! You can find VTS techinal shirts, visors and other gear for your racing needs. Also there are technical shirts from previous VTS and MTS races including socks.
2014 Virginia & Maryland Super Series Schedule Printable Version HERE!
The 2014 schedule is now posted! If you are a veteran VTS athlete you will notice some changes. A few notable changes are as follows:
Rumpus in Bumpass -Still in hiatus, until the Lake Anna Beach Marina is back in operation, this race is on permanent hiatus.
Angels Race is now April 27th!
East Coast Super Sprint in Richmond is now part of the Series and is put on by Endorphin Fitness!
Salem YMCA is no longer part of the Series.
Goochland Sprint is no longer part of the Series.
Luray International & Sprint are no longer part of the Series.
Giant Acorn - Now located at Lake Anna State Park
If you have questions on any of the races, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Best of luck with your training and we will see you in soon!
Greg Hawkins - Virginia Triathlon Series
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All VTS events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT's Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last race, click HERE to read USAT's most commonly violated rules.
- Need to print a USAT membership card? Click HERE.
- Click HERE to learn about series qualification rules.
USAT Age Up Rule
- Click HEREto learn about the USAT age up rule.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- Click HEREto learn about the MTS Wetsuit usage policy.
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
Series Scoring and Current Standings
Remember - only the 5 HIGHEST scores in either series (VTS/MTS) are counted together (the new Super Series). There is a column in the standings that is called count. That number is the number of scored events that person has competed in. You must compete in at least 5 events in either series VTS/MTS to qualify for series awards. Also, remember events competed in as Novice or Relay are NOT scored or counted towards series scoring or prizes.
2012 Award Winners and Series Qualifiers
Event Scoring Details
- The top five men's finish times will be used to create an average time that all men's finish times will be divided into. The top five women's finish times will be used to create an average time that all women's finish times are divided into.
- All male participants' finish times will be divided into this average male "base" time to create raw scores. (same for females)
Click Here to see an example of how an event is scored
New for 2014! The Introduction of the Super Series! The VTS & MTS have combined the series scoring and in 2014 both series count toward one score! Individuals who compete in a minimum of 5 scored events in one category are eligible for series awards (novices & relays are not scored). For any scored event in which one receives a "disqualification" (DQ) or a "did not finish" (DNF) one will receive zero (0) points. In order for an event to count towards ones 5 scored events one must complete the swim portion at minimum.
Click Here to see definitions for each of the event categories offered by Set Up Events
- Top 5 Overall (M & F)
- Top 5 Overall Masters (M & F) - age 40+ only
- Top 5 Age Group (M & F) - 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85+
- Top 5 Athena
- Top 5 Clydesdale
- Top 5 Masters Clydesdale
- Top 5 Military (M & F)
2014 Qualifications Rules and Stage Qualifiers!
The Top 5 Overall Men & Women and Top 5 Overall Masters Men & Masters Women in the Super Series will be awarded custom VTS/MTS Cycling Jerseys & Shorts!
Any athlete who participates in a minimum of five (5) 2014 VTS/MTS events will qualify for VTS/MTS Super Series scoring qualifier rewards.
The tiered qualifier system will work as follows:
- Stage 1 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 3 VTS/MTS events will receive a custom pair of VTS/MTS Super Series Special Socks.
- Stage 2 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 5 VTS/MTS events will receive a custom VTS/MTS Super Series Short Sleeved Technical T-Shirt and the Stage 1 Socks.
This is also the minimum number (5) of events needed to QUALIFY for Super Series awards.
- Stage 3 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 10 VTS/MTS events will receive a custom VTS/MTS Performance Jacket, the Stage 2 Technical T-Shirt, and the Stage 1 Socks.
- Stage 4 Qualifier: Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 15 VTS/MTS events will recieve three (3) free entries into any three 2015 VTS/MTS sprint or international distance events and the Stage 3 custom performance jacket, the Stage 2 Technical T-Shirt, and the Stage 1 Socks.
Archived Race Results
CLICK HERE to view results for events that are no longer in the VTS.