Saturday, March 23, 2013
The Last Resort - Winston-Salem, NC
Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:00 PM
VIEW ANOTHER EVENT
Register for all FOUR PROGRESSIVELY LONGER Events in the Series - 5K, 8K, 10K, and 15K for $125 - that's a $25 savings if you registered for each PROGRESSIVELY LONGER Event separately! Click here to register for all FOUR PROGRESSIVELY LONGER Events.
RACE THE BAR
Taking "Beer Run" to literal extremes since 2012
Who: You, your friends, and co-workers; along with sponsors Rock 92, 1075 KZL, and Senn Dunn Insurance
What: A super-awesome beer run race series. After you run, you get two free beers (21 & up).
- All races feature a 5K, after which we'll add a second race of increasing distance. For example, the first race is just a 5K. The second race is a 5K and an 8K. The third race is a 5K and a 10K. The fourth race is a 5K and a 15K.
- All races feature an optional six week training component to help you meet your goals.
- If you place in the top three in your age group you'll win a customized Pint glass and collect points towards the overall race series championship.
- We'll also have a corporate challenge open to teams of employees from corporations, businesses and financial institutions.
When: Saturday afternoons on 3/23/13, 5/18/13, 9/21/13 and 11/9/13
- 3/23 -5K at The Last Resort on Deacon Blvd. in Winston-Salem, featuring beer from Carolina Brewery.
- 5/18 -5K & 8K at Lindley Park Filling Station & Sticks and Stones at the corner of Walker and Elam in Greensboro, featuring beer from Highland Brewery.
- 9/21 -5K & 10K at Natty Greene's in downtown Greensboro, featuring beer from Natty Greene's.
- 11/9 -5K & 15K at Foothills Brewery in Winston-Salem, featuring beer from Foothills Brewery. Those who have competed and placed in the other races have a shot at the overall championship.
This is the first race in the Race the Bar Running Series. Be sure not to miss it!
This event benefits Victory Junction.
Event Site Rules
The minimum age allowed for participating in the Race The Bar 5K is 5.
The Race the Bar 5K will be timed using the ChampionChip Timing System.
Parking is available at Groves Stadium parking lot.
1) Friday, March 22, 2013 (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
at Off'n Running (High Point Store)
5870 Samet Dr, High Point, NC 27265
2) Saturday, March 23, 2013 (1:30 PM - 2:45 PM)
at The Last Resort located at:
513 Deacon Blvd
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
Policies and Refunds
Race registrations may not be transferred to another person.
Race registrations may not be transferred to another race.
Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to fill out the volunteer form.
A race official will be in touch with you the week of the race.
Registering Multiple People
If you are trying to register multiple people, you must create a unique profile for each person you are registering. Once you have created the profile, you just click the Register button on the top right corner of this page. Use the username and password relevant to the person you are registering. This allows us to have all the important information for each participant (medical information, emergency contact info, etc.).
Top 3 in each of the following categories
Overall (M & F)
Masters (M & F)
Military Division (M & F)
Corporate Division (M & F)
Age Groups (M & F): 10 & Under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Series Scoring & Event Weights
CLICK HERE for details on how the series will be scored. Participants will compete in the Age Group based on the age they will be at the end of 2012. This is so everyone remains in the same category the entire series.
|Event Distance||Distance Factor|
Based on the above formula the event weights for the 2012 Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn will be as follows:
|Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 5K - 3/23/2013||0.90|
Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 5K - 5/18/2013
Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 8K - 5/18/2013
Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 5K - 9/21/2013
Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 10K - 9/21/2013
Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 5K - 11/9/2013
Race the Bar presented by Senn Dunn 15K - 11/9/2013
Current Series Standings
CLICK HERE to view the current series standings.
Age Group Results
CLICK HERE to view Age Group Results.