Georgia Triathlon Series
The 2015 Georgia Triathlon Series Race Calendar will be announced and registration will open December 1st.
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All GTS events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT's Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last race, click HERE to read USAT's most commonly violated rules.
- Click HERE to learn about series qualification rules
USAT Age Up Rule
- Click HERE to learn about the USAT age up rule.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- Click HERE to learn about the GTS Wetsuit usage policy
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
Event weights for 2014 will be roughly based on criteria established by USA Triathlon for the purpose of administering their national rankings system. For the GTS, events will be weighted based on distance and size of event. The event weight index will be used to calculate scores for all participants (See Scoring below).
|Event Distance||Distance Factor||
Depth of Field Factor
Depth of Field Factor
|Championship/ Qualifier Status||+ 0.01||+ 0.01||+0.01|
|Special GTS Bonus Events||+0.05||+0.05||+0.05|
In 2014 two GTS events will be designated as a Special GTS Bonus Events earning that event an extra 0.05 base points. The 2014 GTS Bonus Events are the Tall Pines Olympic Distance Triathlon and Macon Double Sprint Triathlon.
Based on the above formula the event weights for the 2014 GTS events will be as follows:
|Lagrange Sprint Triathlon||0.90|
|Fort Gordon Sprint Triathlon||0.90|
|Early Bird Sprint Triathlon||0.91|
|Tall Pines Olympic Triathlon||0.97|
|Tall Pines Sprint Triathlon||0.90|
|GMC Old Capital Triahlon||0.90|
|Trybee Island Sprint||0.92|
|Skidaway Island Sprint Triathlon at The Landings Club||0.90|
|Macon Double Sprint Triathlon||0.95|
|Hot Dam Olympic||0.92|
|Hot Dam Sprint||0.90|
Series Scoring and Current Standings
Event Scoring Details
- The top five men's finish times will be used to create an average time that all men's finish times will be divided into. The top five women's finish times will be used to create an average time that all women's finish times are divided into.
- All male participants' finish times will be divided into this average male "base" time to create raw scores. (same for females)
Click Here to see an example of how an event is scored
2014 Series Awards:
Series awards will go 3 deep for the Overall men and women. Then we'll go 3 deep for the top 3 men and top 3 women in each age division and category. This includes clydesdales, athenas, and all age groupers. Those racing in the novice division are not eligible for series awards. Each athlete must do at least 4 races to qualify for these awards.
Series Coaching Sponsor
We at the GTS are VERY excited to partner with Tri Coach Georgia as our official coaching sponsor. If you have any coaching, training, nutrition or racing questions or needs then reach out to them.
To get a free training plan for ANY 2014 GTS Event, CLICK HERE and fill out your information and Tri Coach Georgia will get you set up in Training Peaks. Good luck training and we can't wait to see you at a 2014 GTS event!!