AAA Car Care South Carolina Triathlon Series
11/11/2013 - AAA SCTS Registration to Open December 1, 2013
10/20/2013 - The 2013 SCTS qualifier rewards and series awards information has now been posted. Athletes living in Anderson, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville, and Greenwood will have their rewards shipped to a central location for pick up and will not have to pay for shipping. A list of those individuals and locations can be found HERE. For the athletes living in other areas, please click HERE to pay for shipment of your rewards/awards. Thanks for a great 2013 season!
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
- All SCTS events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.
- USAT's Most Commonly Violated Rules: If you are new to the sport or are wondering why you got a penalty at your last event, click HERE to read USAT's most commonly violated rules.
Open (Elite) Rules
- Click HERE to learn about the SCTS Open rules
- Click HERE to learn about series qualification rules
USAT Age Up Rule
- Click HERE to learn about the USAT age up rule.
USAT Wetsuit Rules
- Click HERE to learn about the SCTS Wetsuit usage policy
Series Weights, Categories and Divisions
Event weights for 2014 will be roughly based on criteria established by USA Triathlon for the purpose of administering their national rankings system. For the SCTS events will be weighted based on distance and size of event. The event weight index will be used to calculate scores for all participants (See Scoring below).
|Event Distance||Distance Factor||
Depth of Field Factor
(300+ finishers in 2013)
Depth of Field Factor
(400+ finishers in 2013)
|Championship/ Qualifier Status||+ 0.05||+ 0.05||+0.05|
|Special SCTS Bonus Event||+0.10||+0.10||+0.10|
Again in 2014 one SCTS event will be designated as a Special SCTS Bonus Event earning that event an extra 0.05 base points. The 2014 SCTS Bonus Event is The Dam Tri. The Langley Pond International Tri is the SC Qualifier for Best of the US and thus has the +0.05 Championship Status bonus added to that event..
Based on the above formula the event weights for the 2013 SCTS events will be as follows:
|Lake Murray Sprint||0.90|
|Caine Halter YMCA||0.90|
|Middle Tyger YMCA||0.90|
|Tri the Midlands||0.92|
|Tri the Swamp Rabbit||0.92|
|Langley Pond International||0.98|
|Langley Pond Sprint||0.90|
|North Myrtle Beach||0.90|
|Surf and Turf Myrtle Beach ***||0.93|
|The Dam Triathlon Sprinternational||1.02|
|Hilton Head Sprint ***||0.90|
Series Scoring and Current Standings
SCTS Course Records
2012 Final Standings
2011 Final Standings
2010 Final Standings
Event Scoring Details
- The top five men's finish times will be used to create an average time that all men's finish times will be divided into. The top five women's finish times will be used to create an average time that all women's finish times are divided into.
- All male participants' finish times will be divided into this average male "base" time to create raw scores. (same for females)
How the Series is Scored:
Click HERE for details on how the South Carolina Triathlon Series presented by Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolina is scored.
NOTE: Only the TOP 5 scores from each athlete are used the calculate the final series score. This practice is geared to reward performance and not simply number of events raced.
NOTE ON SCORING: The series is still scored the same as it always has been, but we have decided to make the scores "cleaner". All scores are multiplied by 10000 when calculated to make the score an integer rather than a decimal. Now you can really watch your score grow with each race! We have also broken the brackets down so all participants are not grouped together in the same file. This allows participants to find their information quicker and easier.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW RESULTS FROM EVENTS NO LONGER PART OF THE SCTS
|1st Place Open||$1000||$1000|
|2nd Place Open||$600||$600|
|3rd Place Open||$350||$350|
|4th Place Open||$250||$250|
|5th Place Open||$150||$150|
|1st Place Masters Open||$300||$300|
|2nd Place Masters Open||$150||$150|
|3rd Place Masters Open||$100||$100|
Click Here to see definitions for each of the event categories offered by Set Up Events
- Top 5 Open (M & F)
- Top 3 Masters Open (M & F)
- Top 3 Age Group (M & F) 15 & under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74. 75+
- Top 3 Age Group Masters (M & F 40 and Over)
- Top 3 Clydesdale
- Top 3 Masters Clydesdale
- Top 3 Athena
Any athlete who participates in a minimum of five (5) 2013 SCTS events will qualify for SCTS qualifier rewards. The tiered qualifier system will work as follows:
- Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 5 SCTS events will receive a custom pair of SCTS cycling socks and a moisture wicking SCTS t-shirt. This is also the minimum number of events needed to qualify for series awards.
- Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 9 SCTS events will receive a custom pair of SCTS cycling socks, a moisture wicking SCTS t-shirt and a embroidared SCTS fleece pullover.
- Any athlete who participates in a minimum of 12 SCTS events will receive a custom pair of SCTS cycling socks, a moisture wicking SCTS t-shirt, a embroidared SCTS fleece pullover and free entry into any five (5) 2015 SCTS events.
NOTE: Athletes must at least complete the swim portion of each event in order to have that event count toward the minimum number of events needed to qualify for these rewards.
NOTE: As stated above in the Qualification Rules, events raced as a Novice will not count toward the number of events for the Qualifier Rewards.
NOTE: All qualifier rewards and series awards MUST BE collected at the 2014 SCTS Awards Banquet. Awards and rewards not collected at the banquet may be shipped directly to your home address; however there will be a charge of $15 to ship these items. Click HERE to pay for shipment of your SCTS rewards/awards. Athletes living in Anderson, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville, and Greenwood will have their rewards shipped to a central location for pick up and will not have to pay for shipping. A list of those individuals and locations can be found HERE.
2013 GTS SCTS Awards Banquet
2014 AAA-SCTS Athlete Celebration Banquet
Where: To Be Announced - Columbia, SC
When: Saturday, October 11, 2014 6PM until ???
Who: Anyone who has raced in at least one SCTS event in 2014 (Friends and family are also invited to attend
How: Register for the SCTS Awards Banquet by completing and submitting the form below:
2014 SCTS Athlete Celebration Banquet Reservations (On-line Via Credit or Debit Card)
2014 SCTS Athlete Celebration Banquet Reservations (Cash or Check)
TEAM Northwest YMCA Wins the 2011 Team Challenge Combined Scoring. TEAM Northwest YMCA Wins the 2011 Team Challenge Male Scoring.
TEAM Malone Coaching Wins the 2011 Team Challenge Female Scoring
The SCTS Team Challenge - Calling All Teams!
Announcing the 2012 SCTS Team Challenge. Click HERE to learn how you can enter your racing team into the 2012 Challenge and win great prizes for each team member.
The first event in the 2012 Team Challenge will be the Parris Island Triathlon on March 17, 2012 and all teams wishing to be scored at that event must have team info in by Wednesday March 14, 2012 at 9PM. All 2011 Team Challenge Teams will be automatically entered into the 2012 competition.
To submit your team roster the roster must be emailed to us no later than Wednesday at 9PM the week prior to the first event you wish your team to be scored.
2012 Athlete Guide
Click HERE for the Official 2012 SCTS Athlete Guide - your one stop spot for everything SCTS.