All events produced and timed by Set Up Events are timed with ChampionChip Electronic Timing System. For all multi-sport events and some running events you will need to be aware of the following procedures to insure successful timing of your event:
- All participants will receive their ChampionChip on race morning at the Chip Pick-Up Tent. You are REQUIRED to show your paper Bib number in order to receive you timing chip. Body marking is NOT an acceptable Bib number.
- Along with the timing chip participants will receive a disposable medical ankle strap. For those participants who have their own neoprene strap they may use that for holding the timing chip (NOTE: Relay Teams will receive a neoprene ankle strap that allows for transfer from swimmer to biker and biker to runner).
- It is REQUIRED that all participants wear the timing chip on their LEFT ankle.
How to wear the timing chip with the provided disposable strap:
- Thread the medical strap through the timing chip
- Place the strap around your LEFT ankle
- Insert TWO (2) fingers between the medical strap and your ankle (to prevent the strap from being too tight)
- Fasten the medical strap SECURELY.
- Double check that strap is fastened correctly and securely as loss of timing chip will results in a bill of $30
REMEMBER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR CHIP AT THE FINISH LINE. YOU CANNOT USE THIS CHIP AT OTHER RACES
IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO FINISH ANY LEG OF THE RACE YOU MUST TURN IN YOUR TIMING CHIP BEFORE CROSSING OVER ANY ADDITIONAL TIMING MATS. IN THIS EVENT TAKE YOUR TIMING CHIP TO THE TIMING CHIP COLLECTION AREA NEAR THE FINISH LINE AND INFORM THEM OF YOUR DECISION.
You will be assessed a $30 charge for your chip if not returned.