TrySports Triathlon Development Series Qualification Rules
Number of Events
- To be eligible for series awards, participants must enter a minimum of 4 events as an individual in any single event category.
- Participants who compete in more than 4 events will use their top 4 scores for computing points.
- If an athlete changes categories for any reason mid-season, the events he/ she competed in before the change will NOT count toward series qualification award points.
- If an athlete participates as a relay team member at any event he/she may race other events as an individual. You are not locked into the relay team category.
- Athletes who consider themselves to be at the 'Elite' level may race in the OPEN or MASTER"S OPEN categories.
- Athletes will race the TrySports Triathlon Series as age group athletes (unless racing in one of the weight divisions mentioned below).
- Participants who declare to compete in the Clydesdale and Athena categories must race in those categories the entire year unless he/ she falls below the 200 lb/ 150 lb mark. In this event these athletes will be placed into their respective age groups and loose any points received from racing in their weight classification.
- If an athlete goes above the 200 lb/ 150 lb mark he/ she may NOT move into the Clydesdale/ Athena division if he/ she has already competed in a different event category.