USAT / Series Wetsuit Rules
All Set Up Events Series will follow the wetsuit guidelines set forth by USA Triathlon. Those guidelines state:
- USAT rules state that competitors may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower.
- USAT rules also state that if the water temperature is between 78.1 - 83.9 degrees, competitors may wear wetsuits but will not be eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or above, participants may not wear wetsuits.
For Set Up Event Series scoring purposes:
- If the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower everyone will receive series scoring points.
- If the water temperature is between 78.1 - 83.9 degrees and you elect to wear a wetsuit, you will officially receive "0" points for that event. The event will count towards the minimum number of required events to become eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or higher, no one may wear wetsuits and everyone will receive series scoring points.
Set Up Events has wetsuit requirements and recommendations for temperatures below a certain number for safety reasons.
- If the water temperature is below 65 degree a wetsuit is recommended for any competitor. Any type of wetsuit may be worn, (John or Full).
- If the water temperature is below 58 degree a FULL wetsuit will be mandatory for any competitor. Any person who is not wearing a FULL wetsuit will not be allowed to compete.
Expected water temperatures will be posted leading up to the event.